Friday, July 11, 2014

A Different Kind of "High"


A trip to the City of Chicago, Illinois won’t be complete without experiencing “The Ledge”. At 1,353 feet in the air, the Ledge’s glass extend out 4.3 feet from the Skydeck located in 103rd Floor of Willis (formerly Sears) Tower.  For some, it takes some balls to step outside the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere.  


entrance to Willis Tower         
Just the thought of it can be nerve-racking, I myself is not afraid of heights having used to climbing tall trees in our backyard as our playground during my childhood days but once I 
was there, the experience gave me a different kind of high! I felt I was superman for a while. Looking down at  the clear glass floor, the structures below it look really tiny and 
the view of Chicago skyline when you look at the glass walls was just marvelous.

The Ledge


I learned that they actually offer dining on the Ledge but reservations is necessary. I 
imagined it would be a perfect setting for marriage proposal. Don’t you think?


dinner is ready
View from the top

great view of Lake Michigan from the top

No comments:

Post a Comment